Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Little Graduate

How time flies! My first kindergarten graduate!

Chris's sister is in town this week from Idaho with her family (minus their oldest daughter who is at EFY!) so I decided to give Ava the option of whether or not she wanted to go to the last day of school...because really what do they do besides play? She opted to stay home. However when a flier came home in her homework folder about "kindergarten graduation" we decided we should at least go to that. And so we showed up at 2:30 for the last hour of they day so Ava could graduate.

I had never even heard of kindergarten graduation before but it sure was cute! The class sang a few songs and got their diplomas and then they showed a few videos with photos through the year and some short video clips thrown in as well.
My favorite part in the video was each student holding a sign with what they want to be when they grow up on it. There were plenty of "firefighters" and a few "police officers". My favorites were Ava's cousin Paul who said "rancher" and another little girl who said "baby elephant caregiver". So cute. Ava's said "Mom & Store Owner." She's been on this store owner thing for a while now. I guess she got tired of me telling her she couldn't have things because they were too expensive because in her store "everything will be free!" 
Great Grandma, Grammy, and cousin Kate joined our family to watch the graduation. 
This was Ava's teacher for Kinder, Mrs. Hills. We really loved her and I am so happy that Sadie will have her next year. We also found out who Ava's teacher will be next year and have heard nothing but praise for her so we are happy about that as well.

I'm so proud of Ava for all she has learned this year. I am absolutely blown away by the things they learn in kindergarten compared to when I was there 25 years ago. Truly amazing. 

First Day of Kindergarten:

Last Day of Kindergarten:

No comments: