Monday, May 12, 2014

May Days

It's the end of the school year here in Colorado. School get's out 2 weeks from Thursday (Wednesday for Ava) and so there have been all kinds of "May Days" activities being planned. The kinder kids are doing a day in the park, a drive in movie (we have to make a car out of a cardboard box...I mean get to...sorry dad), a pet pageant, homework party, and I don't know what else. I don't remember doing anything other than a last day of school party. But I could be wrong. 
Anyway, with only 6 days left of school for Ava (including today), you'd expect warm weather, kids getting antsy for summer, etc. But no, we get 4" of snow (maybe 5, I didn't measure)! So we had to dig out our snow clothes and snow boots from the storage closet because I had already put them away for the winter. The girls couldn't resist one last chance to play in snow before summer comes. 

 I don't understand why they insist on crawling through it. But they always do.
 Sadie was just so excited she had to give the snow a hug.
 And we ALWAYS have to eat the snow. 
 I wish Ava had been here for this picture. She loves snow more than these two and instead she is in a classroom. (But I'm glad she's in school learning!)
When we got done and come inside Sadie was cold and wanting hot chocolate so bad. Unfortunately our power was out all morning. So we had to warm up the old fashioned way. In front of a fire! :) 



No comments: