Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Zoo

When I was a little girl my mom had a cassette tape (ancient I know!) of children's songs by a man named Raffi. I loved those songs and can still sing almost all of them from memory. One particular song is about going to the zoo so when Chris suggested last weekend that we go to Denver for the night to go to the zoo that song immediately popped into my head. It was stuck in my head the whole time we were there and now I'm singing it all over again! "We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. How about you, you, you? You can come too, too, too, we're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!"
Okay enough of that. On with our trip. We stayed the night in a brand new hotel and it was the best hotel experience we've ever had. They had unlimited fountain drinks, popcorn, they served dinner and breakfast, had an indoor/outdoor pool, and a room that had never been slept in before. It was awesome! We probably could have skipped the zoo and the girls would have been non the wiser. They had just as much fun at the hotel as they did at the zoo.

We spent the first night hanging out at the hotel enjoy soda and popcorn and a couple of rounds in the pool.

 I'm not sure what kind of face Chris told them to make (angry face maybe?).
 Wrestling in the hot tub!
The hotel had literally only opened the day before we showed up. The pool room was still having some work done so it was a big loud in there but we had fun anyway. By the second round of swimming they were gone and then the third time (the next morning) they had finished by working through the night. 
 Chris spent half the time with Grace on his shoulders and the other half carrying one of the three girls. I didn't realize until we were at the zoo that my stroller tires were low so I was having a hard time pushing it. It was easier to just hold Grace.
 The bear on my back porch happened the night before we came to Denver so seeing the bears at the zoo was definitely not on my top ten list. I was still holding a grudge.
 This guy, definitely on my top ten list. The window was dirty which is why the picture is blurry. This dude was creepy, but so cool. He just waltzed right over to where I was and sat down. He would stare at me and then go back to eating his celery. But his stare was so direct it was almost creepy.
 Had to take a picture with the elephant ears!
 I think Giraffes are just so cool looking. Also on my top ten list.
 I think tigers are so beautiful. They scare the crud out of me, but they are so pretty to look at. 
Again with the weird faces. Who knows.
And now we've gone to the zoo. We've been promising the girls for a while now that we would go and when Chris first told the girls we were taking them somewhere but it was a surprise Ava immediately said "I hope its the zoo!" Well your wish is my command. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh i'm laughing so hard at chris's face in the pool. HILARIOUS! glad you guys had fun. the gorilla would creep me out too. Did you ever see planet of the apes? i wonder what he was thinking looking at you.

Dee dee said...

That is so fun!! I'm glad you took the girls. I'm also glad you remember that song from Raffi. I loved that "tape" too. :)