Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

What says "Happy 4th of July" better than a family all in tie dye!? That is how we celebrated this year. We also spent the whole week here on the ranch with Chris's family. All 5 of his siblings and their families were here for the week and it was a blast.

The biggest news of the week was that my in-laws 13 grandchildren were all together. We didn't waste the opportunity for a photo. 



 Don't you just love photo bombers!?
 We celebrated on the 4th starting with our annual ward 4th of July breakfast. Followed by lots of lounging (a few brave hikers) and then a large lunch/dinner. After dinner a large group of us went to our property on the colorado river to go fishing. 
 There was more playing done that fishing. 


Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays and it is a great time to teach our children about our country and the sacrifices that were made so that we could have such a wonderful life. I hope I teach my kids well. 

1 comment:

Sally said...

What! Your blogging again and I didn't even know! love that Chris is breaking in the horse in a baseball cap, Can't believe that Sadie is 4! and I love all the tie dye for the fourth of July! I will have to remember that for next year.